Sunday, October 25, 2009

Some info about and me and the coming soons!

I am excited to say that I have been getting many request for photo shoots! I had 2 scheduled for this weekend but had to reschedule one due to illness. Today I shot baby Aiden and his Mommy and Daddy. Over the next month I will be having several more shoots! Which means many new post to watch for. This coming weekend I will be shooting Stacey's maternity photos and I will be doing photos of the baby as she grows over the next year too (she is due in December)! I also have several requests for family Christmas photos! Since all my shoots are currently on location, I am so excited to see how everyone's homes will be decorated this Holiday season.
I am also hoping to be able to fit in my own family shoot before it is too cold outside to do this. This shoot will be my whole family, parents and siblings and nephews and brother-in-law. With my baby sister away at college, we are hoping to do this over Thanksgiving break. I obviously will not be able to shoot them myself so I have asked my dear friend Bethanie to help out with that!
With being a working mom and wife it is not always easy for me to have free time to shoot the things that I want to. I also then have to be able to fit in editing between working for the walk in, school activities, dance class, and trying to spend time with my family (including a very demanding little girl who thinks she needs all of my free time). I find myself staying up late some nights and just tuning everyone out on my days off to get editing in. This is something that I enjoying doing so much, kinda like a hobby that you get paid to do. No matter how full my schedule is, when a request for a shoot is made, I try everything I can to get the shoot done!
When my daughter asked me this morning, after returning from my shoot, why I was not gone so long at work, my answer was "I was not at work. I was taking photos." While every shoot is work, I guess that is not how I see it. That is when my husband came up with: "It is more a like hobby that you get paid for."
So with that, I thank all my subjects over the last year! May you all have a wonderful Holiday season. I look forward to helping you all create great holiday photos. And to all that I have not shot yet, but have requested me to shoot you, thanks to you too for seeing the growing talent that I have and asking me to share it with you!
One more note, before I end this post. Many people have asked why I choose KG Russell as my name. Since being a mom is very much my life I wanted to honor my kids with that. So, the K is for my son's first name and the G is for my daughter's name. The Russell part was obvious as that is my last name. My plan is to have the kids be part of my logo, when I get around to that part.
Trisha, KG Russell Photography

No comments: