Sunday, May 1, 2011

Going-Ons

I can not believe that it is already May...

The beginning of this year has just flown by. I am still behind in my postings and trying very hard at getting caught up. I have not had time to get photos posted for the I Heart Faces Challenges either. I have one to post this week, its already I just have to get the link posted and get it on the website. The challenge is Soft & Sweet. It is what we feel resembles something soft & sweet. I have chosen a photo of Grace and Fluffy.

I have a banquet that I am shooting in just a couple of weeks. It is for the Central Baptist Christian Academy Jr/Sr banquet. The juniors put it on for the seniors, and this years theme is "Shooting for the Stars." I am looking forward to helping them create the memories of the night that will live on with them for years to come. I am hoping to post a few of the formal photos that I take that night.

I have found this great spot that I am going to take Grace to and shoot some photos of her in her Easter dresses. Yes I did say dresses... We found a very nice sailor dress that came with a matching doll dress that she just had to have for her and her doll, Natalie. Then we were out shopping again and came across another dress, a pink floral, with a matching doll dress too, so we picked that one up. She ended up wearing the pink dress, but I still want to shoot her in both. Any way, back to the 'great spot", it is not a spot that is going to be easy to shoot at. Check back soon to see where it is.

My younger sister, Samantha, will be coming home soon from college. With Mother's Day just around the corner I want us three girls an our mom to have pictures done. It is something that we keep saying we are going to do and have not ever done. This year I am making sure we get these done and this is why...

This past year has been a very challenging year on my family. My sister Becky was diagnosed in August with an AVM. In a nut shell it is a cluster of arteries on her brain that developed before she was born. It became symptomatic in august with non stop headaches due to a sack of fluid that developed. It was putting pressure on the brain causing the headaches and she had a MRI done and they found the AVM. She has had multiple procedures to shrink the AVM and they have been able to shrink it. She still has a few more to go and then we will see what is next for her. She is doing great and has been keeping a great attitude about it all. God has blessed her with great doctors who are not only treating the AVM but also her. I will post a link to a website that Becky has shared her story on for any interested. Here is the link for Becky's story: http://www.avmsurvivors.org/profiles/blogs/the-beginning. In this same time period my mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's. She has been doing physical therapy and occupational therapy to help her through this. She still has good days and bad days, but the phsy. therp. and the occ. therp. have been helping her immensely. It took me awhile to become OK with everything that has happened to my family. While it still gets to me from time to time still, I wanted to be able to share the reasons why I have decided that this year I am going to focus more on family.

So this is why it is important to me to have a shoot with us 4 girls. When we get them done I will be sure to share them with everyone.

With the school year in its final months and the nice weather finally on us I am hoping to be better motivated to get photos posted.

Thanks to all of my followers
Trisha
KG Russell Photography

No comments: