Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally

Every summer our county puts on a big Hot Air Balloon Rally. It is called "Spiedie Fest & Balloon Rally." For those who do not know what a spiedie is, I will explain- it is meat (chicken, beef, lamp, pork, even venison) cut into cubes and marinated in a sauce. They are then put on skewers and cooked on the grill. They have a big cook off for the best ones as well as releasing of the balloons 5 times over the 3 day event. Here are a few of the balloons that I was able to get last year.

My sister was able to go up in one the last night with a friend. I had her 2 boys and my daughter and was able to meet them when the landed. The owner of the balloon was very kind to take the kids and I up into the air. I am not sure how high we were up but we were above some of the trees. For someone afraid of heights I did not think that I could do it, but mission accomplished. I am looking forward to my own trip in a hot air balloon sometime in the near future.




I love this photo. This one was taken from the care on our way to meet my sister where her balloon was landing. I was able to capture this one at the right moment. I love how it is just over the barn.





No comments: