Thursday, June 9, 2011

Meet the "O" Family

I had the pleasure to shoot the "O" family in late October 2010. Sarah's sister contacted me and asked me to shoot them for Sarah's birthday present. They live right down the road from Newman Battle Field in Elmira and wanted to meet there to do the photos at the park. So, I took the drive out there and not realizing that with all the construction going on that the road to the park was closed. I had to go down to Elmira and turn around and do a little back tracking, as there was no sign stating to exit before to get to the park. I finally found my way and was not too late meeting them. It was a chilly and windy day, but they were brave and had a great shoot.



We started by the big monument. We then headed to the lookout and shot some there. As we walked to the lookout they told me that this is where they had gotten married, so what a great place to shoot a few photos of them.


This photo is not very clear but the view behind them is amazing. I am looking forward to heading there this summer to get some of just the scenery that is behind them.




We then ventured further into the park where they do the reenactments to take some photos there. The little houses were so cool that we just had to do one in the doorway! Love this one, by the way.


This little "house" was really neat too. After I convinced to climb up and have a seat they informed that this one was used for captives. oops... it is still a cute photo!



We headed a little farther into the park and did a few more. We then headed to their house because they wanted to shoot some there too. As we pulled in this tree caught my eye and I was in love. So this is where we headed. Great tree, right?


They have a great view from their yard too! A photo of the happy couple to end the shoot!




Thank you so much for allowing me to shoot you, I had a great time and it was great meeting your happy family!

No comments: