Sunday, January 29, 2012

Colleen & Bill Are Married And There Was A Flood All Around

Colleen and Bill planned their wedding for 09/10/11, and they were not going to let a flood stop them from getting married. Just 3 days before the wedding we had a major flood in our area.(I would say our County but it was in the counties surrounding us and even into Pennsylvania.) They were planning on having the reception in their backyard but changed it to a local Church Hall do to all the rain making their yard a soggy mess.
My family and I were evacuated from our home and staying with family in Windsor. They let me know that the wedding was still on and was honored to be able to shoot it for them. I knew I had the wedding booked and came prepared with all my gear when we were evacuated (I would not have left it all behind even if the wedding was not booked.)
They were blessed with a beautiful day and had a beautiful wedding as well. Colleen is the mother of my husband's cousin's wife and this was not the first marriage for either Colleen or Bill. When I was asked to shoot this day for them I was honored to. Weddings are not usually my forte but for those that I know I love to help capture their day!
Congrats to Colleen and Bill on their wonderful life together!

Hydrangeas- my favorite flowers too!


Colleen and her girls. (l-r) daughter in law, daughter in law, granddaughter, Colleen, daughter, stepdaughter, (front row) all three are granddaughters.





Colleen's sons walking her down the aisle to give her away.


They were getting ready to do the receiving line and I was able to capture this little moment.


All the guest. Colleen's sister asked if I would shoot this image for them, she thought that it would be a great photo to include in the Thank You Cards. So there I was in very high heels, which I took off to stand on the edge of the gazebo, with my husband holding me, to take this photo. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get the photo, right?


The newly combined family!
When I spoke with Colleen about what she wanted most for photos she said that the most important thing for her was to have family photos done.






Love the cake topper, so simple but so pretty!


Congrats to Colleen and Bill. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I hope that the photos bring memories for many years to come.

No comments: